I. Installing Oracle Database Express Edition »▲
To install Oracle Database XE 11.2 you must be logged in as an administrator on your computer.
I-A. Step 1: Download “Oracle Database Express Edition 11 g Release 2″ ▲
You can find the software on the official Oracle page : http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/database/database-technologies/express-edition/downloads/index.html.
I-B.Step 2 : run the installation ▲
Before you install Oracle Database XE 11.2, make sure you have uninstalled all other Oracle databases from your computer.
Unzip the downloaded file and open the folder. Double-click setup.exe The installation screen appears (Figure 1).
Click on the Next button.
- Accept the terms and conditions of use and press Next. Next.
- Choose the installation directory. Click on Browse to change the default directory. Be careful not to select a directory with spaces. Click on Next.
- Choose the password used for the SYSTEM, and confirm it. Click on Next.
- In the summary window, click Install if you are satisfied, or on Back to go back and change some elements.
- Clik on Install to complete the installation.
I-D. Step 4: Start using “Oracle Database XE 11.2”▲
Normally, at the end of the installation, the database is an operator and is started. If it’s not the case :
- go to Start menu – All Programs – Oracle Database 11g Express Edition ;
- click on Start Database.
To stop the base, you have to click on Stop Database.
I-E. Step 5: Connect to the database▲
In the Start menu – All Programs – Oracle Database 11g Express Edition, click Run SQL Command Line.
In the command line, type:
- connect ;
- SYSTEM: to connect using the user-name SYSTEM ;
- the password you gave during the installation.
The message Connected appears.
To make your database accessible by remote clients, type the command: EXEC DBMS_XDB.SETLISTENETLOCALACCES (FALSE)..
Source: click here